Friday, November 7, 2008

My Novel

I did forget to mention my hook for the story: Will the Captain and crew stay together and complete the adventure, or fly apart before finding the sword?

Right now, the ship is wrecked and being rebuilt. I know a lot of the crew finds this predicament a very bad omen for things to come. After the ship is rebuilt, will the Captain be able to keep his crew together and continue the voyage, or will the crew mutiny, take the ship and go home?

Pirate captains of history always had to face issues of keeping their crews loyal, or end up dead, marooned, or in some other nasty situation. The protagonist of my story is no different. He knows he must, somehow, keep the crew faithful to the cause of finding the sword, or face the consequences. I deal with this dilemma from the beginning and it will continue to be a nagging issue throughout my story. It's this tension between captain and crew that provides the hook for my story.

No comments: